One unchanging aspect about me is that I’m always behind on pop culture trends. Recently I heard a song on the radio I really liked, and was telling someone about it, hoping to track it down. After I skillfully hummed a couple of bars, they looked at me confused. “Um. That’s from No Doubt’s Tragic Kingdom album. From 1995.” Sounds about right. Almost caught up, then.
I’ll probably start collecting pogs and beanie babies any day now.
TV-wise, I am getting caught up with 2002, and thus getting into the grittiness of The Wire. I am nearing the end of Season 1, and things are getting heated up in Baltimore (and not just because of Idris Elba, but daaaaannnng).
The other day, I got home from work late, and knew I had limited time to get in an episode before my next engagement. I also knew I needed something healthy to eat (as my “next engagement” would hopefully involve whiskey and tater tots). Not having time for my usual salad recipe, I opted for one of my go-to dishes, the Ten Second Salad.
TEN SECOND SALAD
- 1 bag of broccoli slaw
- Some salad dressing
- Parsley for garnish (optional, but classy)
1) Grab bag of broccoli slaw and dressing from the fridge [2 sec]
2) Grab bowl from cupboard [1 sec]
3) Tear open broccoli slaw bag [1 sec]
4) Pour bag into bowl (portion at your discretion – how many tater tots do you need to balance out?) [3 sec]
5) Open dressing [1 sec]
6) Pour dressing on slaw [2 sec]
7) Enjoy [duration of The Wire episode]