This blog is about enjoying, eating, and loving all things food. There are times, however, where I have indulged in a perfectly satisfying dish, and find myself going back for seconds, then wanting thirds, fourths, sevenths, even. My personal Achilles heel is anything with sugar in it.
So this post is kind of an anti-recipe, as I recently found myself consumed with thoughts of the leftover Oreos in our apartment, and needed to formulate a plan.
To be clear, this post is not encouraging depriving yourself when you are hungry or adhering to an unrealistic diet plan (whatever you like or need or want to do health-wise is 100% right on).
This is simply a recipe I concocted that I wanted to pass on to those who find themselves in similar, precarious snacking situations.
- 1 box of Oreos with 1/2 – 1/3 of the Oreos left
- Parsley for garnish (optional, but classy)
1) Realize you are coasting through these Oreos like no one’s business and maybe even getting the sugar shakes
2) Shut the pantry door firmly and walk away with confidence
3) Find yourself mysteriously in front of the pantry again and the door is easier to open than you remember
4) Search for a place to stash Oreos so they are literally out of sight, out of mind
5) Find a basket of clean clothes that you haven’t folded in a few days, acknowledge to yourself that you will continue to steer clear of the basket, and bury those cookies