Some of us are lucky and find people in our lives who we just connect with. People who understand us better than we understand ourselves. People who make us laugh so hard it counts as a core workout. People who you love unconditionally, and they return the favor without question.
I’m lucky that I’m related to two such people. My sisters are two of the funniest, sweetest, most inspiring people I know. Plus, they have a lot of dirt on me, so it’s good to have them as allies.
One of my sisters is getting married this week to a pretty fantastic gent, and I wanted to do a recipe in her honor. It’s odd how you can grow up together, and still develop totally different tastes. I’ve never been much for cheese, and yet my sister is all about it (in terms of food, not romance).
I wasn’t really sure what to do to create a cheese-centered dish. Doesn’t the cheese just stand alone? I put this recipe together based on a couple of her fave staples, and hope other cheese lovers enjoy what I’m entitling Cheese Delight.
- Handful or two of Cheeze-Its
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1-2 string cheese…chunks (?)
- Parsley for garnish (optional, but classy)
1) Procure ingredients
2) Arrange ingredients on plate or in bowl
3) Devise your favorite way to enjoy, combo-style (for example, I think you can dip the Cheeze-Its IN the cottage cheese…maybe crumble on top? I don’t know the cheese rules, here)