Any good relationship is about give and take – a balancing act at times, but a worthy one. As relationships deepen and grow, it’s easy to fall into habits and roles that make sense between you and your partner.
For example, I love vacuuming, while my partner gets all zen doing dishes. I get some kind of weird nerdy high from balancing the checkbook and he is all about in-depth research on important purchases. He might not quite understand my fascination and enjoyment of every single Bridezillas episode, but he rolls his eyes in secret and that what counts.
Although we both are culinary titans in our own right, I do have do admit that my partner is a pretty fantastic cook. He is creative, patient, and pours love into the dishes he creates (total pizza wizard, among other things).
Ever grateful to be the recipient of his cooking prowess, I really wanted to knock a meal out of the park for him on his birthday this week. After a bit of brainstorming, I eureka-ed on the perfect dish to properly celebrate my partner’s day-o-birth, as it’s one of his faves.
- 10 spoons of ground coffee
- Coffee maker
- Balloon w/relevant messaging
- Milk / Sweetener (optional)
- Parsley for garnish (optional, but classy)
1) Place filter in coffee maker
2) Scoop or eyeball 10 spoonfuls of coffee up in there
3) Pour water in coffee maker (I think the rule is to match the number of spoons to the number on the pot?)
4) Brew coffee
5) Pour in mug, add milk or sweetener if desired
6) Add a festive balloon to the mug and enjoy!