No one in our household is going back to school this fall. I finished up my masters this spring, and we have yet to have young’uns running around and tearing up the joint. I probably get back-to-school anticipation every fall because I was one of those kids that *loved* school. Loved being around people learning, loved taking notes, most of the time enjoyed homework, loved picking out the supplies (3rd grade CleoCatra Lisa Frank trapper keeper FTW).
I also had two versions of a shirt that said “So Many Books, So Little Time.” So…that.
I hope my future offspring is able to enjoy school too. In my naive, pre-parenting dreams, I am one of those parents that provides a school lunch with thoughtful post-it notes, or adorably cut sandwiches, or hires a singing telegram to help open my child’s fruit cup.
If I’m setting these high standards now, I figure I better start practicing school lunch prep. On a mission for a variety of healthy food packed with love and good intentions, I offer up this recipe to current parents or parents-to-be: Brown Bag Lunch.
BROWN BAG LUNCH
- 1 brown bag
- 1 GoPicnic
- Parsley for garnish (optional, but classy)
1) Look through your food options to find a variety of healthy food that will sustain your child through their day’o’learning
2) Discover that GoPicnic has already figured it out and put everything in a box for you
3) Put a Post-It with a heart on it or something fun
4) Put the box in the bag
5) Get ready for your Parent-of-the-Year award, probably