What better way to start your weekend than at a farmer’s market? If I could just live in a farmer’s market 24/7, I would (well, actually a duplex comprised of half farmer’s market and half library would be ideal, but I don’t want to get picky).
There is a fantastic market near our apartment that is open every Saturday morning (once the arctic tundra dies down). It’s educational seeing the produce change slightly every week, and I love that there is time to chat with and meet the farmers while you are shopping. Plus, there are almost always happy dogs, cute kids,and live music, which is a trifecta in my book.
This week, I ended up with some great produce to enjoy throughout the week, and picked up some extras on the way home for an on-the-spot summer picnic.
POST-FARMER’S MARKET PICNIC
- Food recently acquired at the farmer’s market
- Whatever you want from Taco Bell
- Parsley for garnish (optional, but classy)
1) Stop at Taco Bell on your way home from the Farmer’s Market
2) Take your all your goodies home with you
3) If it’s nice enough, set up outside (inside works for this recipe as well)
4) Keep bag of farmer’s market produce close, promising yourself you’ll get to it tomorrow in order to karmically balance your current life choices