I haven’t had meat in quite some time (5 years or so?). When I was younger I was a vegetarian for a while, but it was mostly to tell people haughtily that I was a vegetarian. This is around the same time that I was wearing black lipstick and playing French horn in honor band, so there was just a lot going on back then.
When I decided to cut out meat this time around, I was a bit more informed and a bit less angsty about it. I remember being pleasantly surprised the first time I tried tofu when I went out to eat. Crumble it on salad! Fry it into crispy strips sprinkled with salt and black pepper! Stir fry it up with delish sauce and enjoy as it soaks up the flavor in a dreamy way! Tofu is awesome and versatile.
My number one go-to recipe for tofu is as a Sriracha Vehicle, as sriracha the best.
SRIRACHA VEHICLE TOFU
- 1 block of tofu
- Parsley for garnish (optional, but classy)
1) Open the tofu (probably over the sink, to be safe)
2) You are supposed to press the water out of the tofu – I opt to squish it around in my hands
3) Crumble the tofu in a bowl
4) Pour A LOT of sriracha all up on there