Officially in vacation mode, and life is pretty grand.
To be technical, in honeymoon mode. Although we got hitched last year, we waited a bit for our honeymoon and it was totally worth it.
When you’re traveling, there are so many new sensations to take in (especially if you’ve been hibernating all winter and all of a sudden there is an ocean and sunlight and you discover you have a neck because your shoulders aren’t stuck up by your ears from tension derived from driving on sheer ice for 4 months).
It’s good to get out of your comfort zone every once in a while, food choices included. I was a little nervous about transitioning to a tropical flavor profile, and how my tastebuds would adjust in a new climate. I started training for this experience over the last few months, and am happy to report that so far I have adjusted seamlessly to island fare.
The decadent, exotic flavors of a Chocolate Dipped Coconut LUNA bar really allowed me to prepare fully for this trip, and I wanted to share this lush recipe with you if you find yourself needing to prep for future island travels.
CHOCOLATE DIPPED COCONUT LUNA BAR
- 1 Chocolate Dipped Coconut LUNA bar
- Parsley for garnish (optional, but classy)
1) Look at the bar and decide if you want to eat it
2) If the answer is “yes,” use your fingers to open the wrapper
3) Take the bar out of the wrapper (if you are somewhere warm, be sure to check for chocolate that may have melted inside the wrapper – THIS IS YOURS FOR THE TAKING)
4) Eat the bar